Monday, August 8, 2011

Few the flue is over!


The beginning of the week was rough due to the flue. I could not keep any fluids down so we ended our night at Labor and Delivery to get an IV of 1 liter of fluids and some meds for the nausea. It kept the fluid in me for a while and then by Tuesday evening I felt well enough to go to our birthing class. We had the tour of the hospital at this session and passed some of the nurses in Labor and Delivery who had helped us the night before.

Our dishwasher is on the fritz and I tried different dishwasher soap to make sure it was not the cause of the gunk stuck to our dishes. The soap is not the problem so I need to call and have the maintenance come work on the dishwasher. Meanwhile I am soaking the dishes, a few small loads at a time so our counter is full of dishes.

I was excited when Friday our stroller and car seat came via Fedex or the equivalent. Thanks Mom, Kelsie and Amanda! The assembly was quite easy. So when Jonny arrived at home and saw the box I was able to announce that not only had the stroller arrived, I had assembled it all by myself. J Jonny and I then installed the car seat base in my car before going out to eat at Texas Roadhouse for our date night. We both felt like eating a big meal now that we had our appetites back. Jonny even got boneless wings for an appetizer, which were not actually mild but were called such. Sometimes I think Jonny has more cravings than I do when I am pregnant. LOL!

Then we rented two Redbox movies (rent one get another for 0.50). We enjoyed them both. Source Code was an interesting movie I would compare with Minority Report or Inception. The other movie was geared toward teens and had a modern day beauty and the beast storyline. We watched the second movie Saturday after I got my LOF done and a trip to LOWS for a shelf and dark brown spray paint (for the crib). I have been in an organizational mood lately because our clutter is making me sick. Am I nesting? I think it is a little early but possible. J Saturday night Jonny went and worked on his project once again while I hung up and organized some baby clothes.

Sunday we packed up the fruit I sliced up Friday and went to Lehi for the baby blessing of my cousin Chelsie’s first born, Keagan. We got lost and frustrated with each other trying to figure out how to get to the address of the church building my cousin texted me. Note to self: bring GPS or Mapquest the directions even if you think the directions were texted to your phone. Anyway, we made it there and apologized for getting upset with one another before we went in to sacrament meeting. The Spirit was not only strong during the blessing but was present as testimonies were shared afterwards. Jonny and I both greatly anticipate that day when our little one is blessed in the near future.

At the Lambs’ we ate dinner, had FHE, webcammed with Amanda, Adam and the Twins, and greeted Julie and Leo as well as unloaded their car before heading home. We saw the Twins walking, Bently was more diving and tippy toeing around but he will get the hang of walking like Austin soon. At 1:30 am some guy was outside our apartment building yelling, swearing, and honking his horn. I was so scared and squeezed Jonny tightly until the disturbance ended. Then it took me awhile but I finally fell back to sleep. Scary people need to stay away.
PS- This morning I felt what must have been fetal hiccups. They lasted a few minutes and then stopped. As I am writing this Andrew is hiccupping again or maybe just bumping around inside. Feeling this little one move around and see my belly move at times is a great blessing I hope to cherish for the next 2.5 months.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie,
    I miss seeing you at the kinder meetings, but I am sure you don't miss them a bit cuz I wouldn't. My goodness your nursery is already so ready. Can't wait for the pictures of your little guy in a couple months.

    ReplyDelete