Monday, August 2, 2010

Post wedding life

We had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon and yes are still very much in love!!! I hope to blog about the wedding more once we get pics back. Hopefully we will get our CD of pics by the end of the week! It is hard to believe that we have already been married for over a month. To celebrate our first month of wedding bliss, we ate at Last Samari. They cook your food right in front of you. Jonny got the salmon and I got the chicken. Yum!We have been purchasing what we still needed and wanted with our gift cards. Then while Jonny was gone at work I would be unpacking boxes and piling up boxes that I had emptied. This resulted in many trips when Jonny returned home from work to the dumpster, which is luckily just down the stairs from our second floor apartment. This weekend we got a desk and bookcase. Once we put together the bookcase tonight we will take the last load out to the dumpster. YAY! :D I will post more pics of the apartment soon.
Thank you letters, with the exception of a few without address, have been mailed out or will be today. One more thing on the list taken care of! We are very grateful for all the gifts and money we received from so many friends and family. Thanks to all who helped us get started in our life together!!!
Something else that I accomplished is legally changing my name to Jamie Brätt Lamb. I took my maiden name as my middle name, a Christensen family tradition. At least my mom did and carried it on by not giving her girls a middle name so that we can take Brätt as our middle name when we are married. I don't even know though if Amanda did when she was married. Anyway, Jonny got the paper work filled out and turned in to add me to his insurance policy and as a beneficiary. All the "fun" stuff is getting done and this is a really boring blog so I apologize but for those who have gotten married, you understand. :D
On July 9th my first nephews on the Brätt side were born. My sister Amanda and her husband Adam are the proud parents of two adorable twins, Austin James Neilsen and Bentley Kevin Neilsen. Both boys were given one of their grandfather's first names as their middle name. They are so cute! But Jonny still thinks that Austin Lamb and Gabe Lamb should be my favorite nephews. I love them all! As long as I am their favorite Auntie Jamie I will be happy. ; ) My parents were in Iowa for their birth. My parents celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary and my dad's birthday while out there. Dad flew back and my mom stayed out to help with the babies. Kelsie flew out after girls' camp to drive back with mom and help out with the boys too. We have cherished seeing the twins' pictures on facebook of their first photoshoot and all. Hopefully we will get to spend lots of time holding Austin and Bentley when we go to TX for Christmas or have them live in UT come Dec. It just depends on where Adam gets a job after graduating from grad school.
Amanda and Adam, just so you know if you all do move back here to UT I could watch the boys for you, every now and then!
The school year starts up the 23rd of August so my summer break is going fast. I am on the math team for our school this year and we had a two day training last week on the new math program, monthly assessments, and common core. It was a lot of time and sitting. When you are a kindergarten teacher (not use to sitting for hours at a time) and are on summer break it is challenging enough but to add a sinus headache to all that and you get a very exhausted Jamie. Jonny was patient and helpful since I had to do house chores after all the meetings.
The first night our carbon dioxide warning kept going off every ten minutes even though we would push the button to stop it. So we called Geoff and asked him what we should do and he got in touch with Ryan, the guy in charge of maintenance here at Liberty Bend. Ryan came and made sure that the nearby lightning had not caused our water heater to leak carbon dioxide. Scary! He remembered that he had not replaced our faulty fire detector when we had problems with it when we moved in. So once he took out the battery we had peace and quiet so we could get some much needed sleep. He replaced it the next day and we haven't had any problems since. Thank goodness!
This weekend I got to meet Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Kent Lamb when they came Friday night to stay at the Lambs' on their way through town. We had a great time visiting about how Jonny and I met. They drove home to California Sunday after touring Temple Square and visiting with Alex (Sis. Warner). Aunt Katherine was in town for Mat and Rusty's baby's birth, Emmett. So Sunday we got to celebrate her birthday! It was great to get to visit with her more since the wedding. : ) Well I have some laundry to do so I just want to end by saying how grateful we are again to all those who helped Jonny and I make this a smooth and wonderful transition into our married life together and we wish you all the best too!

No comments:

Post a Comment